Monday, December 31, 2007

Homeless and Unemployed

My contract in Washington ends on January 4Th and my last night at work is January 3rd after that I am homeless and unemployed. Right now the demand is not that great for "travelers" like myself. I have been submitted for a few jobs but I have been submitted with 12 other people for the same jobs. Right now there are more people looking for jobs than there are jobs to be filled. There are many companies that place people into jobs and I have 3 companies looking for jobs at this time. I have heard mention of some spots in Seattle, St Louis, Minneapolis, Texas and Northern California. Usually this is an exciting time for me, not knowing where I will go next, or if I will have a job, the possibilities are endless. Now that I have another person that depends on me it is not so exciting. If I don't work then I don't have health insurance and I can pay for COBRA but that is over a thousand dollars a month. Insurance is a must have when your husband has had two previous surgeries to remove a brain tumor. I have always had another job lined up before my assignment ended, call it luck or abundance of jobs but this is a new experience for me. I have someone else that I provide for and I may not be able to provide. Growing up and needing insurance and having someone else depend on you for these things is awful, growing up is over rated and I don't wanna!!

No comments: