Friday, January 18, 2008

Sex vs emotion: Men vs women

This is an interesting article about some generalizations on men and women but I wonder if post-sex intimacy is the best place for conversation? While I agree that it could be a good opportunity for some emotional exchange, I would like to warn women to remember to choose their topics carefully and not to exploit this moment. This is an opportunity for emotional exchange, not wish lists and such. I like the last line of the article:

But women sometimes demand too much emotional talk from men. Women
need to recognize that men often express affection best through actions
(changing a light bulb, fixing the VCR) rather than words.


I think we should all remember to acknowledge the little things other people do for us.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'd say from experience that post-sex is not the best time for any kind of talk, since the natural reaction to sex is to snooze off! I'm too wiped out after sex to wake up and discuss the geopolitical situation or even what's for dinner.